In which cities do you offer online scheduling?
- The Fix My Life service, which includes the ability to schedule Certified Service Providers online, is currently only available in Gauteng, with many more cities planned in the future. The plan for Fix My Life is to roll the service out nationally in due course. Please do get in touch with us via the contact us form to let us know where in South Africa you would like to see the Fix My Life service offered next.
How do I schedule and appointment?
- You can schedule an appointment on our website via your computer, mobile device or tablet or via our call centre. Website: Through the website you are able to select the service your require, enter the address where you require the service and to choose the date and time on which you would like the service carried out. Your request is then logged in our job management system and one of our dedicated case managers will contact you to confirm the booking. The case manager will also assign the best suited service provider based on the scope of work, location of the job as well as other factors we use when matching jobs to Service Providers. The case manager will then send you an email confirmation with the Service Provider’s details so you know who has been assigned to your job. Call centre: You call the Fix My Life number 087 135 1300 and a friendly case manager will help you with the booking process. Depending on your requirements, we will arrange an appointment with a reputable Service Provider that is convenient for you. You will then be contacted with confirmation of your appointment.
How do I cancel or reschedule an appointment?
- You can send an email to email@example.com but we strongly recommend that you call us directly on 087-135-1300 to inform us of the cancellation or rescheduling request.Please note that if you cancel an appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled time, you may still be charged the call-out fee.All unilateral cancellations and rescheduling are at our sole discretion and subject to our Terms and Conditions, and may result in your deposit or payments being forfeited.
How do you calculate the call-out fees?
- The call-out fees charged are determined at the sole discretion of the service provider. Each service provider has a different call-out fee and depending which service provider is assigned to your job, will depend on what call-out fee is charged. The case manager assigned to your job will notify you of the call out fee up-front in the case of a job that requires a call out fee. Please note that Fix My Life does not in any way interfere with the pricing of the service providers.
What if I want a quote for a job that requires an onsite evaluation?
- In order to ensure that quotes submitted by service providers are accurate, an on-site assessment will always be required. If your issue is resolved within one hour during the on-site assessment, you will be charged a call-out fee by the service provider. Alternatively, the service provider will submit a formal quotation to you once he has conducted the on-site assessment.
Will I get a confirmation email?
- We will send a confirmation email to you as soon as your job has been assigned to a service provider and the appointment is scheduled. If you don’t receive it within 30 minutes, please call us on 087 135 1300 to troubleshoot. We also send confirmation mails regarding any changes or updates in the booking date and/or time as well as confirmation mails once the service provider has indicated that he has completed the job.
What should I expect on the day of service?
- The Service Provider will arrive on time at the scheduled start time for a job. If for whatever reason they are running late, they will notify you of this to ensure as little inconvenience to you as possible. The service provider will be extremely professional, well presented and efficient in dealing with your service request. Your home Service provider will leave the job site clean and organised, even if it’s a messy project. When your project is complete, and you are satisfied with the work done, then Fix My Life will request the balance payment.
What if something goes wrong on my project?
- Fix My Life will not be held liable for any damages incurred by the Service Provider, however, we are always here to help and assist you with any complaints or queries. All our Service providers are accredited, insured and fully vetted so if we receive negative feedback from a customer regarding a particular service provider, Fix My Life will take this very seriously. As all payments are collected by Fix My Life, we can withhold payment to the service provider until your problem is remedied. If you have a problem, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our call centre on 087 135 1300 and we’ll work with you to make things right.